Friday, August 14, 2009

Trying to learn to weather rejection like a telemarketer.

I've had two interviews in a week and was rejected from both jobs. I can't help but take it personally. I did apply for another school job with the University's Herbarium but the opening doesn't close until September 1, so should I watch and wait or just apply to the sudden seemingly plentiful part-time jobs around town? Well, that was probably a foolish question, of course I should apply for the other jobs, I just hate to accept a food service job only to have the Herbarium offer me a position. At the rate that I'm going, it would seem that I could expect a prompt rejection, but you never know, and I can't see what could possibly disqualify me from that one anyway, especially after the cover letter that I wrote, which should explain anything on my resume that could be problematic. I suppose I should file some applications and then go to the campus job fair on the 26th. I also really need to step up the scholarship applications. It seems that scholarships have even steeper odds, but if no employer will have me because I'm overqualified in the wrong areas or I'm too old, or whatever the f*** they have a problem with, it would be nice to think that I still have a chance to plead my case for free money awarded solely because I'm broke, in debt, and a college student.

Anyway, it's looking more and more difficult to change my undesirable class schedule, but if I still don't have a friggin' job after school starts, I'll try harder to change it and if anyone wants to hire me after that, so be it. I am so tired of this economy.

No comments:

Post a Comment