Monday, August 24, 2009
Finally, I'm a real starving college student!
So at last I've been to my first day of classes at the U and I also filed my final unemployment claim, the one in which I answered "yes" to the question at the end about whether or not I need to continue filing because I've found full-time work. Now I'm just busy worrying about stretching out my loan money for the next few months and getting scholarship applications submitted on time. The tone of this blog can finally be a positive one, or least one that's not endlessly depressing and hopeless. The cost of books and supplies is kicking my butt, of course, and I already dropped over $289 for just the first round of books before getting the last math book, my biology book, or my chemistry book. Thankfully, my bio teacher, "Dr. Ted", is very laid back and feels that "textbooks basically suck", so he advised the class to seek out the text for as cheaply as possible on the internet and not worry about having the latest version, the second edition is fine. So I just bought mine at Amazon for less than $30, including expedited shipping. Now to just meet my doom at the bookstore tomorrow for the other books. I also will need to very soon start cooking suppers ahead of time or bringing healthful convenience food (such as my favorite vegan minestrone soups and such) so that I don't repeat what I did today and cough up nine and a half bucks for a salad and a water at the health-food cafe in the student union. Anyway, I hope that this blog doesn't fall to the wayside, since college is a lean time for most people. I'll try to check in again before long.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment