Friday, January 23, 2009
Networking, and I feel better established than I have before.
Working in the business of people and clients and vendors does have its upside as a networking advantage. After going to the temp agency this morning, I realized I was in the same neighborhood as a former client of my last employer. This quirky New Age-oriented client had greatly fascinated me and I'd always wished that I could get to know them better, particularly the girl my age who ran the retail arm of the organization. I thought I'd stop in and see what they were up to and how everyone was. The administrative assistant was the only one in the office, but I'm acquainted with her and the founders on a first-name basis, so I was happy to see her and chat. She invited me to settle in with a cup of tea and got caught up on things, including my new employment status. She actually mentioned that sometimes she has too much work and that there really should be someone to concentrate on coordinating research efforts for their metaphysical mission, and it was just a thought but might I be interested? I stayed low-key but assured her that, yes, while it's just a thought right now, I'd be very interested in helping out if they so desired. We exchanged contact information and when the time was right, I left. The truth is, I'd wondered what it would be like to work for them even just a few months into my tenure at my last job, so I would be very pleased to do whatever they'd want me to do. It would be an extremely unique organization to work for, at the least.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment