
So begins my umpteenth Internet presence. I think at this point anyone can search for my name on Google and find myriad extensions of my real-world existence all over the web.
Anyway, again,
FIRED.
As a result of conspiracy, the inherent witchiness of an office of mostly women, downsizing, or what have you, at eight o'clock Mountain Standard Time this morning I was summarily
FIRED.
This is the first time that this has ever happened to me and for my whole two years there, I wondered when it would be my turn. I managed to survive turnover and even got promoted. Then someone was laid off, I ended up with the workload of at least one and a half people, couldn't keep up, and was offered little support and no performance feedback until it was almost too late. I made an effort to turn things around, in spite of burnout, and just when I thought I was in the clear, I was turned loose this morning and refused an explanation.
So begins a new chronicle of picking up the pieces. I've heard that people can make money off of their blogs, so what the heck, I thought I'd give it whirl. I haven't figured out what about it would generate income, but at the very least I needed a place to show off some artwork I created a few years ago when I was unemployed due to relocation. The cost of a paper 'zine will have to be avoided during unemployment, so I'll attempt a blog instead.


No comments:
Post a Comment